5 Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Fence
As a home or business owner, you should regularly inspect your fences for signs of damage or general wear-and-tear. Although most fences are made to be long-lasting, various materials can become damaged or start to deteriorate over time and may need to be replaced.
If you notice any of these signs, it may be time to replace your fence.
- Broken or Missing Parts – If your fence has broken, missing, or splintering boards or pieces, it may need replacing. Not only to these damaged pieces affect your fence’s appearance, but they also compromise its level of safety, privacy and structural integrity.
- Discoloration – If the color of your fence has faded, or stains or rust are visible, it means it has started to rot or mold. This problem is particularly common in areas with heavy rain. When it’s time to replace your fencing, consider using a material resistant to rot, mold and UV rays.
- Damage from an Accident – If there has been an accident or weather event that has caused structural damage to your fence, such as hail, falling trees, or vehicle crashes, you’ll need to replace it. Replacing your fences can save you more money than temporarily mending them.
- Leaning Fences – Leaning is typically caused by a weakening of the posts and can cause warped or broken boards. To avoid greater damage to your fencing in the future, it is important to replace it as soon as you notice it leaning.
- Holes – If you notice holes in your fencing, it is likely damage caused by insects or wildlife. By the time you notice these holes, it’s a definite sign that there’s greater damage within the fencing’s interior that isn’t visible from the exterior.
Texas Fence and Iron designs and installs customized fences for residential and commercial properties. For an experienced fencing company servicing the Houston metropolitan area, call Texas Fence and Iron today.